Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Suzzie "F" -- Sidemarker/Blinker mod

A while back, I had my Sport Kick attached to a trailer parked the nose a bit into the street.  I put on my hazard flashers, but noticed there isn't ANYTHING on the side showing the hazards where on.  Didn't like that.

It made me do this modification to my "new' Kick while the nose was taken apart for cleaning and other projects.


This modification consists of moving the marker light "ground" wire to the "hot" side of the blinker.  See arrows in above picture.


Clipping the ground and connecting to the blinker hot.


Solder makes a better joint than a splice... unless you are bad with a solder iron!



Smallest heat shrink I could find in the house. 


Ready to do the other side and put it all back together.

Now the front side markers blink WITH the blinkers unless the marker lights are on. Then they blink opposite the blinkers.

Yes, they still functions like a regular side marker.

It wouldn't be that hard to do even starting with a fully assembled car.

No comments:

Post a Comment