Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Suzzie "F" (my 6th Sidekick)

I got it home a while back, but I am very behind on documenting my projects.










The Grille had been knocked out by a truck.  There was some damage other than just the grille.  Overall, it is certainly not perfect, but fixable without resorting to professional help.

 
Took me a bit to ID these wheels.  Low end two door Tracker from about 2000.  Cleaned up, they might be OK looking.  They ARE a five spoke design.  (Normally what I prefer.)





 Clunky looking 2 inch receiver hitch welded under the 1.25 inch.  The "stinger" seems rusted in place and can not be removed.  Leaving it in when not towing is asking for frame damage from a otherwise "minor" accident.



Dirty and oily.


The power steering doesn't work... missing the belt.  Look closely at the shroud.  Seems there was a problem.

Found what was left of the belt.

Missing the bolts that held the shroud to the radiator.  If it was also missing the lower ones, it would account for the shroud damage and the belt being missing.
-- I later replaced the belt, and the power steering worked fine.

 The half tire cover needs to go away.  If I had the other half... maybe I'd keep it.


Look closely, this tire was manufactured in the 48th week of 1993.  A bit over the life expectancy of a tire.  No checking, but not something that should be in service.







The interior isn't ripped up, just dirty and stained.  Plus quite a few stickers.



Moved the 2 door tin top project out of the garage, and got this one inside.  Charging the battery to ensure a good compression check tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment