Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Suzzie "F" -- Bumper Cover

When I bought this Kick, the bumper cover was cracked and scraped up.

The "proper" method to repair these covers use glue type material that cost almost as much as a replacement cover.

I tried a back yard repair:



The worse crack



notice the anchors for the plates


I stop drilled the crack keeping it from cracking farther.


 I melted the cover.... it didn't hold. 

As I was already using the impact bar from Kick-3 so I figured I would treat and paint that cover for re-use on our "new" Kick.


Treated and repainted.



Kick 3 had a front receiver hitch.  For access I installed a flip-up plate holder (From a 70's GM car, with the gas tank fill under the plate.. mounted upside down.)  It also helped when connecting up as a towd.
 


Lots of room under there!


No comments:

Post a Comment