Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Suzzie "F" -- Engine Harness Modification

I never liked Suzuki practice of locating the electrical plugs to the transmission under the intake next to the motor.  They are hard to get to if needed and they often get soaked with oil.


This is the stock harness, slightly unwrapped.


Most of the wires will reach the location on the firewall that I desire. 


 The only wire that needs changed is the "starter command" wire, returning from the transmission neutral safety switch.  This is the transmission plug end.  (Normally under the intake a few inches from the starter.)



The connector is easy to remove from the plug.



I removed the old wire to the starter and spliced in a new wire for the starter.  I had problems with my soldering iron and stopped... didn't get the pictures after soldering and wrapping up the harness.

Now the plugs are on the firewall, near the distributor.

Sorry no picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment