Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Suzzie "F" -- Compression check

As it is new to me and it is blowing steam (Visible on start-up but much less so when hot) I needed to do a compression check.


The spark plugs where covered in oil from a leaking valve cover gasket.
These are in order  #1,2,3,4.  Tip on #1 is browner than the others.


I do not have pictures of the actual test, but the results surprised me at:  215, 220, 205, and 230 psi COLD.  I suspect these could be considered as WET from the oil leaks of the valve cover.  Still really good compression so I do not think the head gasket is bad.  (The seller said that was the problem.)  I disconnected and plugged the coolant lines going to/from the intake and still got the steam out the tail pipe.  There is a bigger problem inside the motor.  I'll pull it and install the JDM motor from Kick 3... it has a bad transmission anyway.



The exhaust manifold is cracked in the typical place.  (See small red arrow.) 


Getting ready for the motor pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment