Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Suzzie "F" -- Engine Pull

I didn't take pictures of the actual pulling of the motor.

I do have some that I would like to share.


This is after the pull, but before a pressure wash.

The old dirty oily motor on the home made stand.



  

The stands are made from two 14 inch lengths of 2x8 to 2x4's and eight Kreg  screws in pockets drilled with a Kreg jig.  Simple, quick to make and works well.  I mail order the screws in large boxes.  VERY cheap.



I have told others about an easy way to disconnect the engine wiring.  The engine harness is connected by two plugs at the firewall.  I pull back the rubber grommet, pull the plugs out into the engine bay and disconnect.  


The harness can be left on the motor with the above connections still connected. You still would need to disconnect what ever plugs go to the transmission as the harness should be called the "Power Train Harness."   I removed the harness to clean and modify it.  That will be covered in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment