Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sidekick Towd -- 4 Sale.

While this 1995 Sidekick makes a good towd, (light and can be pulled 4 down) we need something a bit bigger for our other uses. We want a four door version of the same rig. Maybe a "Sport" model... as I like the plastic flares.

I had just washed it in a few of the pictures and it is still wet.



White fiberglass roof. Does make opening the rear door a "puzzle." Needs new gas struts.


Note the wheels: The set on the ground are Sidekick wheels with Studded Mud and Snow tires. The spare is a Tracker wheel. I have 5 of each type wheel. Only one SET of 5 alike wheels will be included in the price. I am installing the summer tires (tracker wheels) today.

The following pictures are before washing with it where it had been parked for a while.





Some towd mileage might not show on Odometer. (Three PO's towd this... )

Notice the cracked windshield. I "paint brushed" a red line on each side of the crack. It does go from the bottom up and across, then back down. It is not in the driver's line of sight.

Some underside shots:



West coast rig... no frame rust. It will need a muffler.

I have the Base-Plate (tow brackets) and Roadmaster "Stowmaster" 5000 tow bar. I removed it when I thought I had it sold to my son. They also are NOT included in the "base" price.

4 comments:

  1. I noticed that all of the pictures make this Sidekick look blue. In person the color looks a bit blue/greenish. Not sure why it doesn't look "right" when posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - I'm late to your blog. The pictures are stunning. I am going to stop what I was in the middle of doing when I get distracted, and have a proper look through your site. Thanks for the inspiration.


    wheels and tires for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another vote for high spoke count. It only makes sense and would be a shame if it werent an option


    Wheels for Sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. OBTW, The Sidekick has been sold. I bought another at a auto auction... totaled. I'll have fixed it so I should post THAT project.

    ReplyDelete