Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Recovery of Number 3 Coach -- part one

If you have been reading my posts, you already know that I bought a "core" coach for my "2040" project. (I plan on rebuilding it with the idea that I'll still be using it in the year 2040. Do you know what kinds of fuel will be available then?)

I didn't take my own pictures when I got there. I also didn't take pictures during the three days it took to get it running. These are the pictures I was sent by the PO, Larry. (PO = Previous Owner)



The coach had been on blocks for several years. This picture shows two of the four tires bolted to the coach. (One was the spare.) The PO bought the coach in Texas, installed new tires and drove it to Utah. Where he took it apart to customize it. He never drove it again. The tires where so dry rotted, they could not be used.


The picture cuts off the blocks the coach is setting on. The only wheel on the driver's side is the rear most.


It has new waste tanks and a maceator (not connected electrically) that have never been used.


A home-made dinette. Nothing at all like the Coachman units.

PO built dash. I did not see much practicality in the design. No defroster vents. (Just a big hole on top of the dash.) No glovebox... just a hole to access the OEM fuse box. I DO like a flat top on the dash. Nice seats... wish I liked the color!


The steering wheel was only set on the shaft... no nut, no horn "guts." none of the dash instruments or switches were connected. The instrument cluster itself isn't attached to the dash in this picture.


New range and faucet, PO built cabinets. NO storage under the sink. No access to the furnace to service.


Pretty ceiling. Good thing it didn't rain much in Moab Utah... the roof wasn't checked for leaks before insulation and ceiling installation.



These are original miles... odometer has NOT been turned over. I understand this coach has spent a large chunk of it's life on blocks. (Like it currently is next to my house.)

Other issues.

-- The coach hadn't been started in 5 years.
-- While it had new down pipes and mufflers, it did not have a Y pipe connecting them to the tail pipe.
-- The oil dip stick tube is broken off near the block.
-- Many thing had been dissembled. Nothing marked.
-- Many new, never installed parts that may or may not be usable on this coach..

End of part one.

No comments:

Post a Comment