Monday, October 26, 2015

Bathroom

While it was done in my house, i didn't do that much (any) of the work.

I had hoped to move out of the house and THEN remodel and sell the house without ever living in the house.

But the hall way bathroom started falling apart and there still are not openings where I wish to transfer to.

My neighbor is a contractor who does lots of bathrooms.  He told me business was slow so I put him to work.

I forgot to take a before picture but it was bad.  There was lots of water damage but no mold/mildew.




  Most of the floor needed replaced.  Some structure under the floor needed added to ensure the new floor was strong enough.

The following pictures are two weeks (and lots of $$$$) later.









The ceiling vent fan also has a light and a heater.  After installing it, Jose ordered one for his bathroom.  I'll be getting another for the other bathroom and we just had a visitor use the bathroom and he is ordering one also!
 

Stuff I found.

We still have a cabinet and some towel racks to install.  But it is already much better than before.

I'd estimate the resell value of the house just went up over $10k.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, I am interested in your Birchaven. Tried reaching you via Craigslist, have had problems in past with Craigslist messages not going through. No other way to contact you so I'm trying here. Please contact Bill at dannytemp@sbcglobal.net. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete