Thursday, September 10, 2015

Front Fender replacement

The right front fender is damaged.  It interferes with the opening of the door.  The door was getting rusty along the leading edge.





I have had similar problems with other rigs.  Never really fixed it without replacing the fender.   I have some fenders on order for my TinTop project.  I think I'll "steal" the old fender from it.




To remove the fender:  Loosen or remove the inner fender.  Remove the front bumper for access to the screw on the lower front .  Remove the tailing edge lower bolts at the pinch weld.  Unbolt the upper fender extension.  Then all you need to remove are the four bolts on the upper edge in the engine bay.

 
 
I removed the rust, treaded sanded and primed the leading edge of the door.



Now that it is installed it can me sanded and primed (eventually painted) without deforming the fender.

No comments:

Post a Comment