Thursday, September 10, 2015

1998 Tracker front bumper

I had to remove the front bumper to replace the front fender.  Here are my note and thoughts about what I found.

The nose of Trackers got a "face lift" for 1996.  Different grille and bumper.  I personally find the change ugly and think the earlier Trackers have a MUCH cleaner look.  But there is some interesting things to note.


 The bumper is flush to the bottom edge of the fender,  there was even shims under the upper bumper attachment points to raise the bumper to the fenders. 



 The mounting points are not like my other two door TracKicks.  Even though this two door frame is different than the four doors, these bumper attachment points LOOK to be like all my standard four door TracKicks. 






The upper mounting points... just like the four door.  Also in this shot is where the center of the bumper dips a little to match the ugly grille.



This is the back side of the of the bumper impact bar.  Looks just like the four door one I have laying around.  I test fitted the one from a 1994 four door Sidekick.... seems to fit fine.  the lower grille screw fastening points also match the four door.

I should be able to clean up the looks of this Tracker.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment