Thursday, November 27, 2014

Stripping the parts car (part 1, Separating the body and chassis) 1994 Sidekick, 1.6 8 valve, two wheel drive.


I have pulled the chassis from my parts Sidekick.  I'll need to figure out a better method of lifting the body from the chassis as I only dropped the body twice when lowering it. :(


I was hoping the cherry picker could reach all the way to the body balance point.


Even with the load leveler all the way forward, it was not the balance point.


I needed to use my motorhome jack to lift the front.


Supported for the roll-out.



 Chassis out, now to lower the body to supports (old tires).


The motorhome jack slipped and the nose hit the ground.  

The seam for the fender (with the bolts) landed on the jack stand.


Doesn't look very safe from this angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment