Monday, December 21, 2015

New (to Me) 16v motor

Surfing Craigslist, I found a 16v motor just like the one I swapped from my grey 1992 into the white 1994.  It even came with a wire harness and computer that could be used to make the 16v work in one of the 8v bodies I currently have.

Drove a few hours to get it, we also needed to lift it over a fence.



 it was stuffed into the rear of the white 1994 4 door.



At home I used a cherry picker to get it out and onto the wooden stand. (seen here propping up the motor.)



As of now, I do not know what body this motor is going into.

I am thinking the grey 1992... If I can do something about the missing 3rd gear in the 4 speed auto.

But it could also find it's way in front of a five speed in the little 1994 two door tin top.  Replacing a dead 8v motor.  That is over 15% increase in power!

 I have to think a bit on it.

2 comments:

  1. Mike, do you have a clutch pedal assembly for a 97(?) Tracker? And\or insight into a fix that works? It was broken and then rewelded in the wrong position. I am at mepp222@gmail in Dallas Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, do you have a clutch pedal assembly for a 97(?) Tracker? And\or insight into a fix that works? It was broken and then rewelded in the wrong position. I am at mepp222@gmail in Dallas Oregon

    ReplyDelete