Wednesday, January 21, 2015

On the Trailer, Strapped Down and Ready to Roll!

I talked to  Dave and Stuart of CLASSIC AUTO BODY AND PAINT and made a deal for them to splice in the sheet metal needed to repair the Tin Top.

I have a few hours "free" and it isn't raining.  
(It is almost always raining here in "The Great North Wet.")
So... out comes my brand new air powered cut off wheel.

 

I have cut the parts car right centered on the shock tower.  There is only a small amount still connected.  (Less than 1/2 inch.)  Dave said he would lend me the tool to drill out the spot welds on the other end.  I think I'll wait to call as it is currently 4am!

 

 I also pulled all the brake lines from the Tin Top body.  It will be getting the ones from the 1994 with RWAL, so they needed to come out anyway.




Another thing that needed done was to clean out the interior.  I removed all the lower trim and will be adding "sound proof" material before reinstallation.
  



I had to post this picture for the Suzuki forum friends that live in rust belt areas.

  

 On the trailer, strapped down and ready to roll.


 

 I'm thinking of having the body painted white with gold or light bronze (the color of the Malibu seen in the above picture) and think this rear tail gate would be easier than repainting the old red one.  What ever isn't used goes on the '92 as it's tail gate is damaged and doesn't have a wiper,




Once the sheet metal is removed from the parts Kick, the body is ready for delivery.  Note that the red tin top kick doesn't have a drive train... if it did, I do not think it would be safe to pull behind another Kick... larger Sport model or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment